As a Firefighter you may be called upon to perform a variety of duties. They include but are not limited to: emergency calls, fires of all types, vehicle accidents, hazardous materials incidents, and a variety of customer service calls. You will also perform a number of non-emergency duties such as training of all types, fire prevention and education, public relations, maintenance of fire apparatus, equipment, and stations.
How Do I Start?
- Complete an application and return to the District Administration Office at 2731 Hwy T Labadie, MO 63055. Applications are kept on file for up to 1 year.
- Applications are reviewed by the Fire Chief when a position becomes available.
- Oral interviews are conducted with Reserve Interview Committee and these findings are reported back to the Fire Chief.
- After background check and internal checks are completed, the applicant is sent for a physical exam and drug test.
- The successful applicant will begin the orientation process which will include an orientation class.
- Note: An applicant will also need to possess and maintain a healthcare provider card. Classes are offered throughout the year.